iPhone & Android application to assist in data collection for sociology research using random time sampling
University of New England Professor Michael Bittman is one of the world’s leading authorities on time use sociology studies. Random Time Sampling requests that a participant in the study record their activity in the past hour, and their attitude or feelings toward the work they are carrying out. This is a heavy load on the researchers (who phone the participant to prompt them to record) and the participant (who must take 10-15 mins recording the information on paper.
The iPhone/Android application alerts the user in random intervals, 3 times a day, and they log the information in a structured manner. This relieves the researcher from the study after set up, and the participant can complete each sample in under a minute.
- iPhone application
- Android application
- API & Server management
- Installed on demo devices and participants devices
- Collects samples at random intervals from participants
- Fully configurable study set up
- Additional questions per activity, sample or once at the start of the survey
- Business Analysis
- Application Specification
- Server interface
- Mobile Application Build
- Deployment & Installation